Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Back to business....



So anyone that knows me knows that I have been following - or, slightly following, the weight watchers plan for years now. I normally get reeeeallly close to my lifetime goal and then am happy and decide to celebrate - with some type of high fat or calorie-laden treat! Because that makes sense, right:)!

Honestly though - the past semester was chaos, so I gave it my best shot before the wedding - but now that I have summer "off" (just working - no school or wedding planning!) - I have decided to FOCUS on WW.

Last Saturday was my weigh in and HOLY SMOKES! I am 17 lbs. up from when I first met Adam...yikes! I guess you can tell I am in love, happy and comfortable! In all fairness, I started grad school at that point, and I think that had something to do with it. I did okay the first year, but over time, and as things became busier, I have had less and less time to work out and make healthy meals. And knowing my genetic makeup, I am one that will always have to work out - always. Which is a good thing - I used to hate that fact but as I am approaching 30 - I've learned - curves are good - and those "birthing hips" - as my husband affectionately calls them - those might come in handy - someday......:)I have resigned to the fact that this will have to become a lifestyle for me - and there will always be times in which life gets hectic - (when is it ever calm?) - but like last Saturday - at least I climbed back on the wagon!

So here's to getting back in the swing of things - taking care of my body - and treating it with the love it deserves! So far so good this week - so we'll see when I weigh in on Saturday!




Laura

0 comments: